Medical Editing Services
From proofreading to in-depth developmental editing, we offer a full range of editing services for all kinds of medical, health care, and life sciences content. We edit preclinical (pharmacokinetics) and phase I to IV clinical trial studies. We also edit basic science papers, including original research manuscripts, review articles, book chapters, and grant proposals, among others. Our medical editors work with you to make sure that every modification and suggestion is clear.
Our proofreading exercises and services ensure that your documents are professional and error-free. We do a grammar and punctuation check. We check for
- correct grammar (voice, verb tense, adverb and adjective use, clauses, phrases, etc.)
- proper punctuation
- correct spelling
- appropriate use of capitals, italics, lists, and abbreviations/acronyms
Stylistic Editing and Copyediting*
Copyediting ensures that your documents are clear, concise, and correct, and adhere to any required style guidelines. We conform to the AMA Manual Style. We do a paper check for
- correct syntax (sentence structure) to ensure text is clear and concise
- appropriate word choice and use of medical and scientific terminology
- consistent style and form
- accurate factual information
- logical flow of ideas
- accurate and appropriate presentation of numerical values
- appropriate presentation of tables and graphs
- adherence to Journal-specified and other guidelines
- accurate, consistent, and complete bibliographic references
*Copyediting includes a full proofread.
Rewriting text for when you need some help organizing your ideas or presenting them in the best possible light. We make sure that
- content is organized logically (sentence and paragraph reordering)
- content is complete (missing info is flagged or included)
*Substantive editing includes proofreading and copyediting.